Nov 21, 2009

Vietnamese Pork Meatballs

Vietnamese Pork Meatballs



I got the original idea for this from a Vietnamese cookbook but I changed it completely, so I feel ok taking credit. ;)

This can probably feed about 4 people. Yum!

Ingredients for meatballs:
1 lb. ground pork
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp MSG
1 T finely ground lemongrass
2 garlic cloves, minced
About 1 inch of ginger, finely ground
2-3 mint leaves, chopped teeny tiny
1 T lime juice
Combine ingredients & form meatballs - I sized mine pretty large, see below

Oil in frying pan, cook evenly until brown -
When they're done, put them into a bowl with paper towel & pat lightly to remove grease

I served these with rice noodles and spicy peanut dipping sauce.
Side Salad -
Salad dressing ingredients:
1/2-1 cup oil (I just used vegetable oil - anything light would work but I would steer clear from Olive or Sesame)
1 handful of mint leaves
1 handful of Kaffir lime leaves
Juice from one lime
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 T lemongrass, finely ground
Blend in food processor
Salad:
I used endive & romaine (neither of which are Vietnamese, obviously, but we needed some leafy greens that day) - chopped tomatoes, cucumber, and white onion. I think a more traditional Vietnamese side would be iceberg or cabbage with carrots & cucumber. :)






This is really not hard to make and SOOO flavorful!

No comments: