Dec 19, 2005

Michael

Listening to Michael Buble right now... it's actually Jimmy's Christmas present... I'm kind of a lame sister, I guess, to have already opened it. I couldn't help it. He'll love it.
Today it hit me.. I leave in two weeks for Switzerland. Do you ever the deep conflict between choices? To choose one track is to not choose all of the others... it seems the moment you've chosen the least-bad track, everyone on those with formerly greater evil choices seem to develop an unattainable happiness. Perhaps it's the elusive "grass is greener." Perhaps it's a character flaw of discontentment. I feel my life ought to be less concerned with the "oughts" and more just lived... breathe in and out, one foot in front of the other, each day has enough evil of its own. And yet, the future expands before me, pulsing as with real life, beckoning me onward to adulthood and adventure. I only hope I haven't aimed for a mythical road less traveled in search of unwarranted, inflated self-importance.

No comments: