Jun 27, 2006

Much fun







"Miracles are like meatballs, because nobody can exactly agree what they are made of, where they come from, or how often they should appear."

Lemony Snicket in "A Series of Unfortunate Events" book 7, "The Carniverous Carnival."

....But when they do we are happy to be interrupted and willing to be changed

(miracles, I mean... not meatballs. Unless they give us the runs. Conceivably it would apply then.)

Leah came... and went. I can't believe the amount of time she spent with me. That screams love to me. You gotta put in the time... well, she did! We had the greatest week ever. It included some "what happens here stays here" material but for the most part was just quality, soul-connecting time in each other's company.
There aren't many people on earth who I could say I have a similar connection with. It's the stuff that a concept like "soul mates" is made of. I don't need many people like that... one or two is enough... but it is a necessary relationship. If I lost her I couldn't make it.
I'm grateful for the advice, drinks, laughs, gym runs, coffee, outings, golf-carting, silly dancing, guitar playing, movie watching, sitting in silence intimacy of it all. Grateful to God and grateful to you, Leah.
Our friendship - its staying power and soul-y-ness - is a miracle.

Her rendition of our time is so much funner than mine: check it out - Leahevangalyn.blogspot.com aka The Rant

No comments: