Jun 9, 2006

So much

Not to be contradictory... but since when has that bothered me?
The pic is for Leah - cute, huh? (It is NOT smiley faces) (and I am NOT copying Britney Spears, bleck, I spit on the idea) (AND one word two syllables: demarcation) (if you don't get that watch The Office I beg of you) (COME SEE ME or I may finally go insane)
My hands smell like peaches and my shirt is covered in baby spit.
Last night I put on makeup and - with shock - remembered that, whoa, I'm cute. I mean, as opposed to the totally-oblivious-to-my-appearance-never-wearing-makeup-living-in-workout-clothes mentality I've been sporting of late.
This week was so fun with the kids but... well... I'm a perpetual problem these days... not unhappy always by any means...Well, here. Prose doesn't suit me.

New

Uncoiled
Unfurled
Released
Unleashed
The first burst is the best
From there it seems to peter
But at least the first is so great
The shaking off of
And basking in
New sensations
And fresh perceptions
Life is so… tasty
Everything is so vivid
Colorful
Contrasting
Bright
There is newness
And it is good
But it doesn’t last
And what I have to learn
Is how to truck it out
When new isn’t anymore.

No comments: