May 23, 2007

BA, Argentina

Tango


Our first team pic (welcome, Tim!) after consuming an unhealthy, gluttonous amount of Argentinian Beef at La Baca.

A lesson in "letting go." I had to leave my beloved pink duffle bag because (stupid) British Airways only allowed me one bag. I bought this bag after foolishly fleeing L'Abri with only a small backpack and hand-holding most of my clothes as I rushed to make my bus down the mountain on my way to Italy (I was even holding underwear, if I remember correctly... and yes, it was as chaotic as it sounds). So I get to Florence and find this wonderful, beautiful bag that I dragged across many a train station in Italy, Greece and even France. And now it is somewhere, hopefully given away to travel to exotic places with some other grateful owner. But ne'er shall I meet it again. Adieu beautiful pink bag.

Funny sign... yay Florida






The color district
(This actually happened before London. )

After dusty, busy Villa El Salvador in Peru for 5 weeks, Buenos Aires, Argentina was a welcome time of peace and team-building. We really did bond! After a horrifying and somewhat-dangerous (think drug dealers beating on our door in the middle of the night, no joke) stint at a hostel after our 3am flight landed, my team quickly re-located (thanks to Brienna) to the Milhouse. We had tile floors, a porcelein tub, pizza place across the road, coffee shop next door, free breakfast, internet... in other words, just a fabulous time to relax. We got a new team member, Tim Weisemann, in BA. BA is a really cool city... it's a big city with modern shops and chain restaurants; there's an elaborate and nice subway system; we went to the zoo, park, market, saw some Tango and ate A-LOT-OF-BEEF.

No comments: