Nov 4, 2007

tumble


The most apt word I can employ to describe my life of late is, "tumble."
I feel like I'm playing a game of musical chairs... perhaps as a 6 year old. There is that terrified feeling, the hyper-tuned senses, the feigned ambivalence, the conscious cheating, the relief of losing... I'm not unhappy I'm simply tense. I am slowly beginning to unravel (in a good way).
One of my 3rd graders wrote this, and I wanted it to be true of me:
(we were doing a poetry-writing exercise in which they had to use the same two adjectives at the start of each stanza)
Ayla wrote,
"I Am Crazy and Funny"
I am crazy and funny
I like to climb trees
I can flip in the air in my bouncy house
I can swing a real vine
I almost killed myself by jumping off a tree.
I am crazy and funny
I love gymnastics
I will jump off a cliff
I can jump off my house and fly
I will fly off my bouncy house
I am crazy and funny
I will do a double jump in the air possibly
I will walk up a tree
I can head bash a tree and knock myself in the head
Okay, I don't want *all* of it to be true of me.... But being crazy and funny would be nice. For now, I'm just tumbled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.... well, maybe that's something we can work on... it would be fun... :)