Jul 11, 2006

Hope


Hope is an anchor for the soul, according to Hebrews.

I had a rema moment the other day reading Romans 5. VV 3-5 say, "Not only so but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

Hopelesness is a lack of character.

Hopelesness is a lack of character, produced by not persevering in suffering. Despair is a character problem. Not a psychological problem... a character problem.

Hm. Do I have hope?

If not, I alone am to blame... not dire circumstances or situations that merit despair... me and my own character fall short if I do not have hope.

"Hope again in God; I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you treat a character problem? - With drugs? - With an act of 'positive will'? | Is physiological predisposition a 'circumstance or situation that merits despair' or can we call that an involuntary cause and 'treat' it? | You are commanded to do that which you can never do. Realizing that hope will never put you to shame.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»