Feb 28, 2007

Things that go thump



Uneven paveway
Rocky road? Haha.
Bikes jolting around
Tin roof
Falling, falling... thump
The clash
Of the unusual
Becoming familiar
Normalcy is a sieve
For my very perception
Knife slicing...
Broccoli, tomatoes, carrots
Varying thickness
Varying sounds
Scorching winds scatter dust
Crunch
Clump clump
Thick shoes
Revving engine
Motorcycle?
Collisions and avoidances
The essence of relationships
Set the cup down
Tap the keyboard again
Music on my ipod
Tap the toes
Smack the table
Brush the dirt off
Get that dirt off your shoulder...
Brush brush
Scrape
Swish splash
Wash
Silky swipe
Paint
Rub hard
Pat softly
Squeeze and release
And just listen
To the things that go thump
And bump
Skid, slide, swirl, swoosh
Slow down to hear what rushes by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From Jimmy (Barnett)
Hey Joy, I have been enjoying your blogs. Especially this free verse. I love a good free verse. It sounds as though your getting some good artistic inspiration. Any who, hope things are going well and that you are too. Oh yeah, and ... write on! (See what I did there, instead of 'right on' I wrote...sorry, rabbit trail.) Draw on too!