Jun 16, 2007

Swaziland







We're doing debrief and team stuff here in Swazi. We are halfway through our trip! It's amazing to see how far we've come as a team and as individuals.
Before the next team of racers came for training, we had a full day of silence... it was a beautiful time of reflection for me.
Some of my musings:
-From 2/14/07: A prayer, "I don't need to be great. I need to be fully yours."
-I love that things like this are in scripture - "Oh that I had wings like a dove; I would fly away and be at rest" (Psalm 55:6).
-My distinction as a missionary is none other than the very presence of God: "....Is it not your going with us, so that we are distinct, I and your people, from every other people on the face of the earth" (Exodus 33:16b).
-In London my feeling of disquiet began. Sometimes this wandering lifestyle is so tiring! I wrote, "The 'winds change' in my life so much that I'm afraid to put up my sails."
-I was contemplating my time in Mozambique and asking God a lot of pointless "why?'s". I came across a fabulous quote in Chesterton's book The Man Who Was Thursday - "'I am not happy,' said the Professor with his head in his hands, 'because I do not understand. You let me stray a little too near hell."
-On a similar note, my favorite book of the Bible comes through again with profundities too precious to be commented on... I could do it no justice. It alone speaks volumes: "And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God hasled you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not. And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord" (Deuteronomy 8:2 & 3).

No comments: