Apr 30, 2006

The sibs


My smiling beauties. We all have our strengths, our niches, our struggles. There's an amazing synergy when we're all together.

Jimmy is the leader of the tribe. He is the one that we all look to for direction and answers. He is the one that we delight to disagree with and yet secretly weigh everything he says very seriously. He holds the most power, hands down. His word has the most clout with the parents. He may be the only diplomat among us, able to resolve conflict and bring sanity. He's a child at heart and ushers in a lot of laughter and levity.

I think I'm probably considered somewhat wild, I'm sure I'm considered very opinionated, but I don't doubt their love for me.

Faith is the flower-child. She is the first one of us to have a sparkling personality. She is less introspective than some of us, less of a deep thinker. She contributes some sanity... she keeps us light and laughing.

Nathey has personality up to his eyeballs. He's by far the most polite and clean-cut of us all. He can get in good with ANY girl's parents and isn't even remotely faking it. He's crazy-honest and definitely a snuggle bun. We need his love.

Nicho schnico aka Nicky baby lovey dudey sweetie cutie pie is my loveliest muffer puff. He is my schnakowaka. I'm so crazy psycho about him. He's brilliant and beautiful. He's a deep thinker, kinda pissy sometimes, hates conflict, loves our family, is great with da ladies, and deep down he thinks I'm pretty fabulous.

Jasey facey is my cookerkins. He is the littlest and thus the most spoiled. Faith roots for him most - I think she's his default third-parent. Slug is a great athlete. He is the most popular kid in town... he totally runs his school and dominates his friends.

All of them are beautiful and wonderful. We all need each other like crazy.

There is nothing more painful than traveling in a van with everyone else (the inappropriate jokes, the yucky boy noises and smells, the punching, the whining...) and there is nothing more wonderful than having a great post-supper convo when everyone cares about the topic.

We make each other work. We work together.

No comments: